2017 Elections Home
2017 Election Timeline
Look here for updates throughout the year.
- Filing for candidacy begins on Monday February 6, 2017 at 8 am.
- Filing for party affiliation begins Monday February 6, 2017 at 8 am.
- Mandatory Candidate Workshops will be held between February 7, 2017 through March 3, 2017.
- Party Campaign Platform Form, Candidate Nomination Form, & Declaration of Candidacy Form must be filed by Friday March 10, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- (6) Mandatory Workshops will be held starting March 6, 2017 - March 17, 2017.
- Candidacy Information Packet due Monday March 20, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- Referendum/initiative paperwork is due January 15th at 5pm.
- Campaigning will be from April 3, 2017 at 8 a.m. to April 15, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- Voting will take place April 17 – 21, 2017.
- Candidates will be able to post election announcements on campus the Saturday
prior to campaigning, April 2 nd , 2017 at 8 am.
- Debates will be held on these dates and in this order:
- April 5th, 2017: Senator Debate (Wed)
- April 6th, 2017: Director Debate (Thurs)
- April 12th, 2017: Executive Cabinet Debate (Wed)
- April 13th, 2017: Presidential Debate (Thurs)
- Hours and locations of Polling Sites will be 10 am-3 pm Monday, April 17, 2017
through Friday, April 21, 2017 near the Bell Tower and Rivera Library. (Polling
sites and lap-topping logistics are still being deliberated. The location of official
polling sites are still to be determined.)
- Election Results will be announced the first week of May at noon, near the Bell
- Special Elections (Run-off/Appointments) will take place May 8 - May 12, 2017.
2017 Election Timeline Summary
- First (2) weeks of Spring quarter = CAMPAIGNING
- Week 3 = VOTING WEEK