2017 Elections Home
Elections week is April 17 – 21, 2017!
Did you know Laptopping is allowed this year!
Learn more by watching this amazing video by your Elections Director, Marcy Kuo!
Learn more about Cybersecurity and Laptopping
2017 Election Timeline
Look here for updates throughout the year.
- Filing for candidacy begins on Monday February 6, 2017 at 8 am.
- Filing for party affiliation begins Monday February 6, 2017 at 8 am.
- Party Campaign Platform Form, Candidate Nomination Form, & Declaration of Candidacy Form must be filed by Friday March 17, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- (6) Mandatory Workshops will be held starting March 6, 2017 - March 17, 2017.
- Candidacy Information Packet due Friday March 17, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- Referendum/initiative paperwork is due January 15th at 5pm.
- Campaigning will be from April 3, 2017 at 8 a.m. to April 15, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- Voting will take place April 17 – 21, 2017.
- Candidates will be able to post election announcements on campus the Saturday
prior to campaigning, April 2 nd , 2017 at 8 am.
- Debates will be held on these dates and in this order:
- April 5th, 2017: Senator and Director Debates (Wed)
- April 12th, 2017: Executive Cabinet and Presidential Debates (Wed)
- Hours and locations of Polling Sites will be 10 am-3 pm Monday, April 17, 2017
through Friday, April 21, 2017 near the Bell Tower and Rivera Library. (Polling
sites and lap-topping logistics are still being deliberated. The location of official
polling sites are still to be determined.)
- Election Results will be announced the first week of May at noon, near the Bell
- Special Elections (Run-off/Appointments) will take place May 8 - May 12, 2017.
2017 Election Timeline Summary
- First (2) weeks of Spring quarter = CAMPAIGNING
- Week 3 = VOTING WEEK