Get Involved in your Student Government!
To learn more about candidates, referendums, and constitutional amendments, please view the 2019 Elections Voter Guide.
2019 Election Timeline
Look here for updates throughout the year.
- Nov. 30, 2018: Advertise the Referendum/Initiative Applications
- Jan. 15, 2019: Referendum/Initiative Applications due by 5 p.m. to ASUCR Front Office in Paper Copy format
- Jan. 16, 2019: Senate Approves Preliminary Referendums for Ballot; Move Forward for UCOP Approval
- Jan. 21, 2019 Advertise Referendum/Initiative Pro/Con Group Applications
- Jan. 22, 2019: Advertise Start of Filing for Candidacy (up to $100 campaign reimbursement for all candidates)
- Feb. 11, 2019: Pro/Con Group Applications Due ONLINE by 5 p.m.
- Feb. 12, 2019: Candidate Paper Work Due ONLINE by 5 p.m.
- All Physical Signatures MUST be turned in at the ASUCR Front Office in Paper Copy Format
- Feb. 15–March 8, 2019: 6 Mandatory Workshops
- April 1–April 26, 2019: Campaigning/Canvassing (Mandatory Candidate/Referendum Open House in HUB Logistics TBD)
- Debates will be held on these dates and in this order:
- April 3, 2019 (Wednesday): Senator and Director Debates
- April 10, 2019 (Wednesday): Executive Cabinet and Presidential Debates
- April 22–26, 2019: Voting Period
- Polling Hours and Location Logistics TBD
- May 1, 2019: Election results will be announced
- May 6–10, 2019: Special Elections (Run off/Appointments)
2019 Election Timeline Summary
- Second (2nd) and Third (3rd) week of Spring quarter = CAMPAIGNING
- Week 4 = VOTING WEEK
** = Pending decisions pertaining to the indicated deadline